Contained within the Labor and Workforce Development Agency (L&WD), the California Business Investment Services (CalBIS) serves employers, corporate real estate executives, and site location consultants considering California for new business investment and expansion.Among its services, CalBIS provides detailed information to current and prospective businesses with the following resources:
- California's Business Advantages, a resource detailing the many business-favorable reasons why someone should locate their business in California;
- California Site Selection Regions, a resource which gives key data about California's different economic regions;
- Site Selection Services, a no-fee service for businesses, real estate executives and site selection consultants to help businesses determine the most suitable location for their economic activity;
- Investment Incentives, a comprehensive report on various economic incentives offered by the state of California.
- Workforce Services, resources for connecting businesses with workforce training programs and other labor pool needs;